My name is Katie Harron, and I’m a Front-End Web Developer in Rockwall, TX.
I love watching soccer, hockey, and tennis. I am a huge fan of Broadway and musical theater, so my music tastes lean heavily on showtunes. I also listen to a lot of stand-up comedy and audiobooks (especially when I’m working).
I am an avid reader and always have two or three books in my queue. Chuck Palahniuk is my favorite author–you may have heard of him, he wrote Fight Club and my personal favorite: Invisible Monsters.
My husband and I are computer nerds and tend to spend our free time playing computer games, Dungeons & Dragons, watching movies, reading, or working on side projects. We have two dogs (RIP Shelby) and three cats, and I have accepted that I will never quite understand why cats do what they do. They’re all very cute, though, and great companions.
I’ve been interested in Web Design and Development for over half of my life and coded my first website when I was fourteen. I love learning new things and spreading that passion to others. I am most amazed by people who can take very little and create something extraordinary: chefs, writers, and automobile restorers.
In October 2014, I joined Traitify as their Front-End Web Developer. Check out Traitify’s Personality API and add some personality to your software or service! Unlock different personality types with each of our image-based assessments, and get started quickly with our Quickstart Guide for Developers.
- Traitify.com Science Page Refresh: The Traitify Science page went through a complete overhaul of the design. This gorgeous website redesign is by Scott Tremper and Dave Volpe, with content from Jason Finkelstein and Jimmy Shang. (July 2018)
- Traitify.com Homepage Refresh: The Traitify homepage went through a complete overhaul of the design. This gorgeous website redesign is by Scott Tremper and Dave Volpe, with content from Jason Finkelstein and Jimmy Shang. A lot of optimizations have been done to keep the site quick and accessible on all devices. (Summer 2018)
- Traitify.com Website Refresh: The Traitify website went through a complete overhaul of both the design and the backend system powering it. We switched to Jekyll as our content manager and static site generator, in addition to the gorgeous website redesign by Scott Tremper and Dave Volpe. Performance is always a big deal to us, so a lot of optimizations have been done to keep the site quick and accessible on all devices. (Summer 2016, ongoing)
- Traitify Dash: The quickest and most affordable solution for capturing employee personalities. A simple, image-based assessment collects personality data in minutes, and provides instant, powerful insights for management. Use personality data to make better hiring decisions, reduce turnover, and create great teams. (February 2016)
- Traitify App Gallery: Check out how Traitify’s Personality API is being used in various apps. (June 2015)
- Traitify Demo App: Experience Traitify’s Personality API via our fun and simple demo app, designed for iOS and Apple Watch. (June 2015)
- Woofound by Traitify: With Woofound, you can quickly deliver inexpensive, in-depth, and accurate personality assessments that chart careers and college majors built on Traitify’s patented technology. (May 2015)
- Andrew Harron - Illustrator: My husband loves to draw, so as he collected more and more works of art, I offered to create a portfolio site for him. It’s pretty simple, showcases his work nicely, and was completed on a rainy weekend. It’s running Jekyll under the hood and will be quick and easy to update. The Gandalf Cat is a personal favorite! (April 2015)
- Traitify’s Daredevil Personality Assessment: With the launch of Netflix’s new series, Daredevil, we created a quick assessment to test how fearless you are. Simply select Me or Not Me as the image relates or does not relate to you, and see how you match up to Daredevil! (April 2015)
- Traitify’s Game of Thrones Personality Assessment: I had an absolute blast working on the front-end development for this project! Traitify has created a personality assessment to determine which Game of Thrones House suits you based on your personality. As with all of our assessments, it is rooted in Psychology and has been crafted by our Psychology Team. Simply select Me or Not Me as the image relates or does not relate to you, and watch the magic happen! (April 2015)
- Traitify Developer Portal: Developer Portal and Documentation for Traitify’s personality API. (December 2014 - ongoing)
- Traitify.com: Traitify, the World’s first personality API. (October 2014 - ongoing)
- Fanfic Prettify: Enter the story ID from any story on Fanfiction.net (the numbers after the /s/ in the URL), and this app will gather every chapter from the story into one easily readable page. A Ruby and Sinatra powered app that uses Nokogiri to scrape page content (August 2014)
- Frontenddit: A simple responsive web app to collect and display feeds from Front-End Web Development subreddits on Reddit (May 2014)
- Twebdev: Tweet Aggregator based on Front-End Web Development hash tags. It is a responsive web app written in Ruby and powered by Sinatra and Slim (April 2014)
- Twuby: A Twitter Tweet Scheduler written in Ruby and powered by Sinatra. Unwilling to pay for an account at BufferApp to queue more than 10 tweets, I decided to write my own Twitter Scheduler. It’s ready for deployment to Heroku (April 2014)
- Happy 2014: A free responsive Tumblr theme that features mobile navigation for small screens, lazy loading of images, responsive images and photosets, responsive videos, a plethora of social icons, and much more (December 2013)
- Easy Youtube Embed for Jekyll: A plugin for Jekyll to easily embed Youtube videos into your site (November 2013)
- Theme: RP: A free minimalistic adaptive Tumblr theme with support for all post types (text, photo, photoset, panarama, quote, audio, video, link, and chat) built to adapt to common device screens- mobile, tablets, and desktop (March 2013)